Create a warm and cozy house this winter with these simple tips.
A well maintained and regularly serviced HVAC system will provide maximum service, longevity, energy efficiency, and a cost savings on your utility bills. In addition, there are a few items you can do that can help you keep your house warm and keep energy consumption to a minimum.
In extreme cold temperatures when the heating system is running on overdrive, a little help can keep your house warmer for longer. (Learn more – Tips on Staying Warm Without Breaking Your Budget)
- Layering – Blinds, shades, and drapes can give depth to your living space. Layering window treatments help to block out cold air. For example, install honeycomb shades with insulation pockets to keep your house warmer.
- Sunshine – Letting the sunlight in during the day will help warm up your home. It is one of the best natural ways to keep warm and is a healthy habit.
- Color palette – Having a color theme or color pattern can influence the feel of your living space. Decorating your house with warm shades of yellows, oranges, reds, and browns can give a warmer feel to a room.
- Landscaping – Indoor plants can do a lot to help in keeping your house warm. Use house plants that shed leaves during the winter to reduce shadows that can cool down a room.
- Tapestries – Tapestries give a rich look to your home and a look of elegance and sophistication. Tapestries can act as insulated barriers that can keep the heat trapped inside the room, increasing efficiency.
- Cook – Create a feeling of warmth by creating an inviting atmosphere. Cooking for the family can create such an ambience.
- Floor coverings –Layered floorings such as rugs and carpets can help by absorbing heat and keeping home spaces warmer.
- Storm door – A storm door that is installed in front of the entry door can act as a barrier against the onslaught of cold air that gushes into the room every time the front door is opened.
- Fireplaces – Fireplaces are elegant, traditional additions to a living space. While your home heating system is placed to heat the entire home, a fireplace can provide added heat and a warm and cozy ambience. Search for alternative fuel options available in the market to ensure energy efficiency and convenience.
- Throws – Blankets add drama to an otherwise monotonous sofa or chair. Using throws in warm shades not only creates a warm ambience, but also helps absorb heat.
St. Louis HVAC Maintenance
Proper maintenance and regular service are essential to ensure energy efficiency and maximize savings on utility bills. Consult our St. Louis HVAC technicians for any assistance required with your HVAC system. Call Scott-Lee Heating Company at (314) 756-9444.