Do not face discomfort due to issues with your boiler system during the winter months, when you most need heat and hot water.
Your family relys on your home’s boiler system to provide heat and hot water, especially during these chilly days. However, many issues with boilers are caused by negligence. Homeowners tend to overlook their boiler systems – until the boiler stops functioning. There are signs to look for that may suggest there is something wrong with your home’s boiler. In order to prevent a breakdown, here is what to look for.
Common Boiler Issues
- The hot water supply in your house is notably lesser than before or is diminishing slowly.
- You can hear a gurgling, whistling, or banging noise from the boiler system.
- There are water leakages in the boiler.
- The pilot light of the boiler has gone out.
- The boiling system shuts off on its own periodically.
- There is a loss of pressure in the boiling system.
- There are problems in the thermostat or the radiator is not generating enough heat.
What Causes Boiler Issues?
There can be a number of reasons that can cause the aforementioned boiler issues.
- There is a loss in electrical supply to the boiler.
- The gas supply reaching the boiler is cut off.
- The pilot light is malfunctioning.
- The thermostat controls of the boiler are not properly functioning.
- There is a fault in the condensation pipes of the boiler.
- There is a failure of the radiator function of the boiler.
- The electronic programming functions of the boilers are malfunctioning.
St. Louis HVAC Maintenance
Routine and regular maintenance services of your home’s boiler will ensure its long life. Servicing of the boiler and its maintenance should be carried out only by a St. Louis HVAC professional. Call Scott-Lee Heating Company at (314) 756-9444 for an appointment. We have access to authentic spare parts and the ability to correctly detect issues with your boiler.